Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

problem with HEQ5

AJE

Good afternoon.

It was a lovely sunny morning I had some bits and bobs to do on the external wiring for the HEQ5 - so while I had all to tools out I though that I'd have a look at the motors.

Just a quick check that they were meshed Ok and a general look round (not had the cover off for a while).

Typical that you start with blue sky and sunshine, but as soon as you get everything in pieces it clouds over and there are the first few spits of rain :icon_salut:

Anyway, while the cover was off I found two things that concern me (actually one I only noticed when I looked at the photo.

Firstly the bolt holding the DEC cog in place lose - I tried clockwise to do it up, anti clock wise to undo it... I applied pressure while turning in case the thread was quite biting - but to no avail.

So any idea's why this bolt isn't tight - should it be - can I get a new one anywhere...?

In the other picture it looks like one of the teeth is broken, I cannot get out to check as it's now raining, but I didn't notice when I was looking, so it maybe something odd just in the photo. But it is odd.

Any help with the DEC cog bolt would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ant

post-12652-133877685676_thumb.jpg

post-12652-13387768568_thumb.jpg

Ant, the bolts are held in place by grub-screws. If you try and tighten them up without undoing this screw there is a tendency for the bottom part of the bolt to sheer off,

If you remove the motor, undo the grub screw and remove the bolt completely you then may be able to get away with knocking out the part that may of sheered off, or carefully with a small drill, drill it out. Then replace the bolt, which hopefully will have enough thread left to allow it to be nipped up tight enough to stop the intermediate cog flapping about

Hope that helps

Thanks guys, managed to get back out and have a look and the potential broken tooth was in fact Synta glue :D

I have removed the motor and found the grub screw - the grub screw wasn't even tight :icon_salut:, so I've put some pressure on it (as it doesn't appear to actually be threaded - more like a shaft that the grub screw locks onto) and tightened up the grub screw.

So currently everything looks A'OK :). Thanks for your help. The proof of the putting will be in the eating when it's next clear!

Thanks

Ant

Archived