NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Binos, Image intensifiers and DARK

Bigwings

And a new job...Lots of night work with a well known security firm, driving around a site which has very dark areas. Time to get the binos out or just admire the dark skies punctuated by bright stars and the milk way...loverly....

The the twist is that they give me night viewing capability . pair of image intensifier goggles so now I see more stars even if the sky is shade of green.

Anyone else use image intensified goggs...

Ckear Skies

Mike:D

Should you buy some?....expensive and quality of star image not brilliant so buy some big binos.

Interesting because you see so much more because of the amplification of light. See lots more but quality up to bino optics.

I need more time to evaluate these but as I say.

Interesting.

Like to hear from anyone else with this facility.

Cheers

Mike

I have quite an old Night owl 3X monocular Intensifier - bought originally for anti poacher activities...

They make finding some of the larger brighter fuzzies a doddle... but very distorted image especially around the edge of the FOV...

IIRC there are few "image intensified" EP adaptor projects out there on the net...

Peter...

Archived