NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LPF Reflection help please

Here is a with and without image and as you can see removing the LPF removes the reflection, any ideas how i can solve this?

Could the reflection be due to the LPF been before the flattener in the light path?

Im usign a 2 inch Astronomik CLS filter on the end of a skywatcher flattener

post-19346-133877685157_thumb.jpg

post-19346-133877685165_thumb.jpg

Hi Earl_UK,

In your first post you said you thought there was reflection of the image after using the filter. In your subsequent post you're saying you no longer see it - I'm confused :icon_salut:

May be you're thinking that the filter is 'erecting' the image. If you are, then this would not be right as the filter would have to work like a lens, by refracting light. An LP filter does not refract light, it merely filters out light of a certain wave length.

Looking at the two images you posted I thought the one might be rotated 180^ but its not so easy to tell just by casual inspection. May be after fitting the filter you mounted the camera the other way up?

The offset Halo is very obvious in the image with the Filter in (orientation is not an issue i just couldn't be bothered to rotate the jpg.)

I might be imagining it, but it could actually still be there with the LPF removed.

However there is a Halo just above the center on the image without the LPF, which makes me think that I still have a reflection going on somewhere.

post-19346-13387768541_thumb.jpg

That one looks more like a dust bunny to me Earl... the Reflection is very faint but looks the same as the one in the filtered image...

Peter...

Im not so sure on the dust bunny as it does not show in the filtered image, however it is possible that it is and the dust bunny was introduced when the filter was removed.

Archived