Second hand reflector questions

Hi all,

I have always had an interest in astronomy but have been disillusioned by my first scope some years ago, a cheap refractor.

I have just acquired a Jessops 114mm x 900 reflector on an equatorial mount, I can't believe the difference compared to what I had before. It has 2 eps, a pl25 & pl6.5 they are they seem prety good quality alloy items and the 25mm seems very clear to me, the 6.5 has a very narrow fov.

Does anyone know anything about this scope, who makes them for example?

I am thinking about buying a set of 4 gso super plossel eps (£69) would this be worth while for this telescope or a waste of time?

Thanks in advance Chris.

Hi Chris, I have a Meade 114/900 on the same mount and very happy see my latest posted pic treads. i paid £65 for it at a car boot months back came with 2x barlow and 25mm lens and DV single axis motor controller. I have also variable zoom lens 21mm - 7mm £31 which is very good. Super Plossel are good £69 is a good price plus if you upgrade your scope you can keep them :D but now all i really use is my SPC900NC webcam with IR filter :)

The celestron ep does look the business but I would only get 1 for my money, also would it be wasted on my scope? I would love to know what difference I would see between the eps I already have, the GSO's and the celestron.

@ DarkWisper, would your Meade and my Jessops 114/900 be the same in terms of build and quality. Mine has no RA motor which is a shame. Not sure if one could be fitted or not.

Before investing in a £70 eyepiece (which might be as much or more than the scope cost ?) it would be well worth trying to get in touch with your local astro society and see if they have a session where you could try some other eyepieces in your scope and see what difference they make.

Archived