Stacking filters

To get a narrower band?

Not sure that works. Filter 1 lets through Xnm bandpass at Ynm, filter 2 lets through the same .... no benefit?

If you had a filter with a wider bandpass and a narrower bandpass, well why not just use the narrower one to start with?

To get a "narrower" band, you want a filter with a narrower bandpass?

Not sure that works. Filter 1 lets through Xnm bandpass at Ynm, filter 2 lets through the same .... no benefit?

If you had a filter with a wider bandpass and a narrower bandpass, well why not just use the narrower one to start with?

To get a "narrower" band, you want a filter with a narrower bandpass?

Just wondering as I see solar filters sold as single and doubled stacked for narrow bands.

Just wondering as I see solar filters sold as single and doubled stacked for narrow bands.

Double stacking is the equivalent of putting a narrower bandpass (though I'm not sure if that is the correct term for slare) filter in front of a wider one isn't it?

Double stacking is the equivalent of putting a narrower bandpass (though I'm not sure if that is the correct term for slare) filter in front of a wider one isn't it?

So why bother with a wider one if the narrower one is blocking all you need :)

So why bother with a wider one if the narrower one is blocking all you need :)

The narrower ones are a rather expensive upgrade option on an already expensive piece of kit :)

It's also limiting as solar shows different things at different bandpasses, the double stack may show prominences but hide surface details.

This is all from Google, I may be horribly wrong :evil6:

The narrower ones are a rather expensive upgrade option on an already expensive piece of kit :)

It's also limiting as solar shows different things at different bandpasses, the double stack may show prominences but hide surface details.

This is all from Google, I may be horribly wrong :)

stacked filter 1.25 - Google Search

Google shows stacked 1.25" filters in its results...

Archived