Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which 2" camera adapter?

andyhicks

Hi,

I was looking for a skywatcher field flattener but I cant find them anywhere! All other flatteners are a bit too pricey for me atm so instead of just using my t-ring adapter and a 1.25" barrel Im wanting to use 2" instead.

theres 4 or 5 on FLO's website and I quite like the SW version, looks a bit like the flattener only its not, but Im not too fussy, there is also a moonlite smooth bore 2" adapter I like.

With my current setup i would say I have to bring the focuser tube about half way out to focus with my camera, What sort of difference will there be using 2" instead of 1.25" ?

The skywatcher and WO 2" adapters are quite long whereas the moonlite and FLO's own look more of a lower profile.

Which shall I get? long or short?

thanks

e2a: are there different thread sizes with t-ring adapters? mine fits the 1.25" barrel I have but when I try and screw it on an eyepiece projection adapter the threads dont seem to match..

I have the MaxDSLR 2" adapter from FLO. This mounts straight onto the camera and is threaded for 2" filters - no other rings required. However, they don't seem to have the Canon fit version listed on their website anymore, although other places, e.g. Ian King, do.

NigelM

Archived