NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik filter wheel - Maxim

GeoC

I have been trying to assist a friend to get his Atik filterwheel controlled by Maxim. The Artemis software recognises the filterwheel fine but when we try to setup Maxim for the filterwheel it never appears in the list of available wheels.

We have installed the 'SetupArtemisUniversal ' software which apparently contains the necessary drivers but still no joy.

Is there something that we have missed?

George

Are you using ASCOM?

I have the Atik EFW2 working perfectly on XP (SP3) and Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit). There are NO drivers specifically for MaximDL, the Maxim drivers that you will find on the CD that came with the filter wheel are NOT for the wheel but for Atik cameras!

Yes, ASCOM is installed and allows Cartes du Ciel to talk to Maxim. I downloaded 'SetupArtemisUniversal' from a different website and tried it on my PC. It gave the option to install EFW2 driver which the previous version did not so I am optimistic that the problem is solved.

Archived