NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Best eyepieces for Baader Maxbright Binos?

CeeDee

Again I turn to the collective wisdom in this great forum:

Family has agreed to buy me a Baader Maxbright Binoviewer for Xmas (I know..."lucky devil" - takes some persuading!) However, it brings me to the choice of eye pieces and whether it is best to try and double-up on what I already have viz Pentax XWs (very expensive and quite bulky), double up on my Baader Mk3 8-24mm clickstop zoom (very impressed with the performance of this one!) or go for pairs of Televue Plossls (despite the 'diminishing' eye relief). Anyone one got any feelings of what might work the best in tandem in a binoviewer?

• 3 weeks later...

Well there was no response to this request so I answer it myself....the Meade HD-60s seem to be getting reviews across the pond and and at £79 each don't break the bank. I have ordered a pair of those. However, the Binos do not come to focus with my FLT110 or FLT132 so I now await the arrival of the Baader star diagonal + 1.7x glass path corrector to se if in combo they will work.

Archived