astrotrac....... on a eq mount?

garethmob

i seem to be posting an awful lot of posts lately about ideas that are spinning around in my head :)

could one put a astrotrac onto a mount for a eq...... the actual head not just the tripod

as it could be polar alligned..... really stable..... light..... (on polarallignment front, does the astro need to be or could the "mount" its on be done?)

i do know some one who could frabricate a "piller" type thing for me but i already have tripods as it is

no you are indeed correct kh3ldar :) i dont think i explained my intentions very good

im really into the "widefield" imaging the proper deep sky stuff dosent really interest me, as same with my normal photography i prefre to have it set on a suituable background.

the idea i had was based because obviously im limited to a X amount of time i can take each sub for due to guide errors (the kson for a 58mil seems to be about 3 - 4, the 135mm is about 50 - 59 seconds) and the mount dosent have a guide port. now i love the kson, its goto is far better than the skywatchers, and it is great for a quick set up in the garden (the 3-2 took about 30 - 40 mins before allignment, the kson is 20 mins till i press the "take picture" button on the camera

the astrotrac is i no suited for simple on a tripod and go, but it has better tracking abilitys than the kson, and has a guide port.

but i think i will be using the astrotrac more at dark sights

Archived