Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some basic questions - sorry

good morning all.

I have some very basic questions that will probably seem pretty stupid to you but here goes.

I am using a Samsung SBC 2000 video camera through Sharpcap.

The saved files are AVI's

Will I be able to put these files through DSS.

What are RAW files?

How do they differ from my AVI's?

How do I capture RAW files?

What length of AVI will I need to take for 'darks'

Like I said pretty basic stuff but I am just starting out with this so be gentle.

Oh and please put any replies in simple terms as I have absolutley no photographic experience what so ever.

Thank you

Graham

Does DSS support video? I would normally use DSS for Stills (DSO's) and Registax for Video (lunar and planetary).

IIRC doesn't The video stream from the intergrating camera generates a "unique" frame once every intergration period and pads out in between with copies of the last frame at the "video" frame rate (25 or 30 fps depending on the video format ...

If your target is a DSO you would be better off grabbing still images say every 10-15s and then stacking those in DSS rather than capturign "video"...

RAW's are a file format (varies between camera) that have minimal processing applied to the sensors "raw" captured data..

Peter...

Archived