Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North America Neb

Vega

My first attempt at this sucker. So difficult with an unmodded DSLR but I'm happy with the results. My camera suffers from quite bad noise even after darks so I'm not able to stretch it too far.

Taken with unmodded 400D / ED80

CLS Filter Clip

PHD Guiding

94x5 minute subs (darks taken on the fly) over 2 nights

50 flats

Captured / Processed with ImagesPlus, PS

Cheers

post-13313-133877670072_thumb.jpg

I like this a lot - the detail in the bottom of the frame is really interesting - I wasn't able to pull that kind of detail out of this object, very good. It would be cool if you could take the full res shot and crop it down to that bit of nebulosity to sort of zoom in and process it up a bit. If you do please post it here - I'd like to see it :-)

David

Thanks David

Here's a quick and nasty crop/process... probably been a little over enthusiastic with the levels lol

Thanks for the suggestion, I wouldn't have tried it else... nice to see it zoomed in :)

post-13313-133877670109_thumb.jpg

That's it dood - fantastic- exactly what I was hoping for - going to forward this on to a few newbies like me to inspire them:-)

I can imagine this shot hanging on a wall in your house bud- good work.

David

Archived