NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What have I done wrong here? re: Widefield processing.

What have I done wrong here?

My guess would be everything but I'd like to know where I've gone wrong and how to fix it or if I have to scrap it and start again what to avoid doing next time.

This was a stack of 15, 25 second exposures with 8 darks, ISO 1600 @ f/5 and no matter what I do in processing it just seems to get worse. I have been following jgs001 tutorial which I have used before and not had this much of a hassle.

The first pic is how it comes out of DSS which if I'm being honest a prefer the look before the stack and the second shows the way it turns when I'm trying to stretch the histogram out and frankly looks terrible. This is the first time I have used my CLS clip filter for widefield so maybe it's related to that because like I said I haven't had this issue before or maybe because Jupiter is washing it out.

I realise the exposure is probably a little long and focus may be off slightly but I can remedy that next time.

So basically if anyone can point me in the right direction or wants to take a crack at it please feel free to do so because I'm at a brickwall and would like to have another go tonight.

edit: These are just jpegs of the original tifs to give an idea.

Jarrod.

post-21042-133877668757_thumb.jpg

post-21042-133877668764_thumb.jpg

Does anybody have any pointers?

I have added a plugin for photoshop that removes the green tint caused by the clsn but it doesn't change the fact the image goes all grainy when I try to process it.

I have also noticed I'm getting a red grainyness when I'm using the filter.

Archived