Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Proper Light!

George!

I have looked through my telescope about once but it was clout but the weather over the last day and today even now in Manchester. Beautiful! It's so clear at night and day with no clouds and warmer than any summer day this year! Boiling infact!

Anyway back to the story. Around 7:00pm I stepped outside and let my scope and my eyes adapt. My first objects where just billions of stars which me and my Mum satirised us for the night before we got down to even better things!

As it got darker I viewed more stars, put noticed going down in the horizon a flashing like mad star. I turned my scope towards it and focused it but it was still flashing like mad but different colours. It was like a Northen light star. According to pocketuniverse it was persaides ( How do you spell it?). After that we took at round the front of the house and found a glourious Jupiter with a nice street lamp in it's way :) It was no problem as we just moved the scope over but what we saw next!

I have never seen that many moons with Jupiter, about 6 -7, amazing, I took some quick snaps but obviously jut a white dot and not for actuall imaging purposes, just for proof! I might add those later.

Oh I forgot to mention I tried looking for M57 first but I think I was very close as I found massive star patches. It was in a close area but I never got to it. :p ahwell always got tonight!

My first proper first light! To sum it up in one word, well two " Extremely Satisfying!"

EDIT: None of this could happened without you're advise! ( My "Dots..." post).

Very happy for once,

Well done George! What was Jupiter itself like, did you see much detail?

Tom

Its got detail in the rings but I'm going to get a 6mm planetary so I can really get it up close. The moons are visible but just dots not any detail yet. I'll get round to a picture but it shows no detail.

Archived