Wednesdays Full Disk - 28th September

markt

Well the Indian summer continues for a whole second day here in the UK, will such things continue for a record third? Who knows? If it does though I shall be out there to image it like today. Activity is brilliant at the moment, whether imaging or visual is your thing there is a plethora of activity going on to sawder ones solar senses...

Was interesting to get this image: I set up and then realised the scope was trying to see some rather overgrown winter jasmine in our garden; despite some impromtu gardening I could not get away with anymore of my already over zealous pruning of this pesky perennial and so decided to shift the whole mount and scope a foot further forward. By doing so sent my alignment pear shaped and so the image despite being tracked set off on it's own voyage across my laptop screen: the resultant image has a slither of south pole missing, but I actually think the resultant dither was beneficial in a smoother image.

Same setup, different day - DS40 @ f20 DMK31

6193205350_48c8671f72_b.jpg

full disk lrg by Mark Townley, on Flickr

Hope you like!

Mark :p

That's a great image, 1302 really does make a great focal point in the middle like that but there is still plenty going on. Also the prom at 10 o'clock has a strangely eerie look to it.

Great pic, I like it a lot.:p

Archived