Can you connect Sharpcap to a Canon DSLR

Hi All

I have been using a Philips webcam to snap planets and would like to move up to dso's can I use my Canon 450d with sharpcap. I have achieved live viewing on my PC using Canon utility software, but no joy with Sharpcap

Other recommendations regarding capture software using a Canon DSLR would be appreciated

Sorry if this has been answered else where

Cheers BI

SharpCap is aimed at Webcam imaging.

I use the Canon EOS utility software that came with the camera for my DSO capture imaging.

Then you have a choice of which software to use to stack your images.

I use Deep Sky Stacker.

Wayne

The software with the Camera will work as a start point the EOS Utils, with this you can control the camera, and set up sequences of exposures.

I haven't seen any where to set a sequence of shots, I have a stopwatch icon that is grayed out, has that got something to do with it?

Cheers

BI

I haven't seen any where to set a sequence of shots, I have a stopwatch icon that is grayed out, has that got something to do with it?

Cheers

BI

Set the camera to Bulb mode and it should allow you to take control of the timing,

Archived