NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Huge discrepency between piggy back mounts!

Astroegg

Can somebody please tell me why there is such a massive price hike for the Celestron piggy back mount for larger telescopes? It costs over twice as much in some stores! :)

post-23941-133877663346_thumb.jpg

I note that the version for Celestron 5, 6 and 8 inch telescopes has become the "Universal" piggy back mount because it now comes with a small adapter plate to allow it to be fitted to the larger scopes aswell. This makes sense. Unfortunately I do not see anywhere in the UK selling it yet, and I have my doubts it will be cheap. :)

Yes, as SMEG says it's pure exploitation. The theory is that if you've spent £mega on a large scope you'll be less likely to bauik at a higher price for an accessory. Whereas buyers of cheaper scopes would be more cost conscious.

Just like selling a house. Generally the agents do as much (or as little :)) work to shift a 2-bed terraced as they do for a 5 bed detached buy charge as a proportion of what it sells for, rather than the amount of work involved.

Archived