Jupiter last night - Two spots

Wonder can anyone help or explain something I saw on Jupiter this morning around 4.30am. It looked like I saw two spots on the same belt. One I'm guessing is the GRS, but any help with what the other might have been? Thanks

Bart

The GRS appears as a pale oval in the south equatorial belt - it's quite large - about 1/4 the diameter of the planetary disk. There are a couple of dark "knots" in the north equatorial belt - could it be those or perhaps the shadows of a couple of moons ?.

On refection, you're probably right. It probably was those knots as they were on the southern belt as i saw it in the Dob, which, when inverted must be the Northern, am I right?

Thanks for that, it had me puzzled. I went to the imaging section and saw members' images where the GRS was there with the knots as well. It must have been those knots i saw.

Archived