NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Samsung SCB-2000 with SCT Reducers

Psychobilly

This Post/Thread was originally in the Video Astronomy Social Group and has been copied over into the new sub-forum

Clouds clouds and more clouds...

But the Adaptor turned up from Bern at Modern Astronomy this morning ... and after having a frustrating few hours with capture hardware and software I decide it was time to put the camera on the 8" SCT...

I tried the camera with the scope poinitng at the Thermometer housing of my weather station at f10, With the Celestron f6.3 adaptor , Meade f 3.3 adaptor and the Meade adaptor and additional spacers... the Same C-T adaptor was used in all cases this adds 22mm to the optical path and is threaded to taek a standard 1.25" filter in the middle - I put a Baader Planetarium 1.25" IR/UV Cut in there to stop dust getting onto the camera sensor...

The following composite shows the setup and the image fromthe camera displayed on the 16:9 monitor so "stretched" horizontally...

Samsung%20SCB-2000P%20%2B%20Reducer%20Tests%20Small.jpg

A larger version can be seen here...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8191904/Sams...ts%20Large.jpg

looks like it will be a while before it gets to see the stars.... if the forecast is to be believed :)

• 1 month later...

Archived