Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Afocal Jupiter 9/9/11

suberman

Ive had a bit of access to my friends 10" Newtonian, and enjoyed viewing Jupiter last night. Unfortunately this telescope is neither a GOTO, nor do I have a camera properly suited.

I have attempted stacking frames together but because I am using the afocal method the planet was all over my screen. As such, this Jupiter image is made from a single image. I reduced the ISO and increased the exposure length to tease out detail. Jupiter was only 1.5 hours up anyway but here it is!

post-28520-133877659519_thumb.jpg

That's a good effort considering your equipment restrictions.

Try running your individual pictures through Castrator first - I think this is the software which can crop the images to put the subject in the same position - then stack in Registax.

Hey cheers, that is really good advice thanks. I have been struggling thus far with stacking and aligning them manually in Paint Shop Pro, giving each frame a proportional amount of opacity.

I will have a look for that program, I have heaps of data I could go over again.

Archived