focal reducers and barlows

Just a couple of questions, does anyone use focal reducers for non astrophotography uses? is there a benefit or anything useable for refractors/sct's for visual use on dso's?

Can you stil get hold of 1.5-2 barlows and are they worth it? my thinking was to get hold of one to treble(rather than double) my eye pieces, if so does anyone know of online suppliers?

Thanks

On an SCT there's still some benefits of using the x0.63 reducer.....

Re barlows, there's plenty of x2 barlows around (with additional spacing can work up to x3)

I prefer the Klee x2.2 or x2.8 barlows ( I just ordered a TMB x 1.8 to test it out...)

On an SCT there's still some benefits of using the x0.63 reducer.....

Re barlows, there's plenty of x2 barlows around (with additional spacing can work up to x3)

I prefer the Klee x2.2 or x2.8 barlows ( I just ordered a TMB x 1.8 to test it out...)

thanks for the reply, would that also be the case for a 5" mak?

I found on the smaller Mak's that the size of the internal baffle limited most of the benefits of adding a reducer. It's really designed as a f12 scope for planetary and small FOV stuff.

Thanks for that, saves me wasting money on something with limited usage, well at least its something to keep in mind once i go down the larger sct route:D

Archived