Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Coast Astro Group observing images

Hi all.

Last night we had a cracking session in the new forest, we all thought the weather was against us and the meet had been all but called off, however there was a last minute break in the weather with the met office giving it clear until 1am so we decided to give it a go.

Undoubtedly the highlight of the night was looking through Lawrences awesome 6" F/9 Astro Physics refractor, to say the views were stunning is an understatement, coupled with some top quality ethos and nagler eyepieces we were treated to what I thought were some of the best views I had seen through any scope.

M56/13/11 were simply the best I had ever seen, M56 being my favourite. A not too fuzzy core set amongst a wide star field using the 31 nagler - simply stunning. Im sure Lawrence will be pleased with his new scope.

However I couldnt quite resist a shot with the camera though, being my first night out with the DSLR so I took a couple of snaps and I certainly learnt a little about when to use what ISO to use and how long to leave the shutter open.

Hope you enjoy them, I certainly did :)

shaunster-albums-astro-imaging-picture13208-scag-th-meteor.jpg

MG0961-X2.jpg

SCAG-TH-AP-X2.jpg

Wow - that was a glowing endorsement if ever I read one!

We did get pretty lucky with the weather, despite the odd narrow cloud band rolling through occasionally, not good enough to bother attempting imaging mind, but glad I setup for some visual.

Pity we just missed out on jupiter though, with it just clearing the tree's as the clouds rolled in.......

Love your photos Shaun - thank you for sharing them.......taking ground shots on observation evenings can be very rewarding, I've enjoyed taking them on other nights but forgot to do so on this particular night, so I was very pleased to see your images of the evening.

Archived