NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro-Mechaniks Pier Extensions

Bender

When I first started to look around for pier extensions for my GP style mount I quickly realised that the number of extensions on offer are more than limited.

The one from Orion seemed to be the only option here in the UK and I didn't like the fact that I had to unscrew the top to take the mount off (I dont have enough space so I have to pack up everything after a session)

I found one extension that rose my interest, offered from Astro-Mechaniks a small work shop on the German astronomie.de forum.

I loved the fact that the extensions are made with an easy access the screw that holds the mount and you can choose whatever color floats your boat ( as long as it has a RAL number)

It took 3 weeks between order and arrival here in Surrey, the communication was excellent throughout.

Not much more to ad as the extension is simply doing what it should :)

post-19015-133877656352_thumb.jpeg

When I pucrhased a DM-6 mount 2 months ago I called again on Astro-Mechaniks for a pier extensions as it is even harder to get one for this model off shelve here in Europe.

After sending the specs I was pleased to here that the price was even less than for the GP extension which might have to do with the fact that the top and bottom are simply flat with a 3/8" hole in them.(I asked for rods instead of a solid extension to keep the weight down)

Again after roughly 3 weeks I took charge of my new extension that now adores my tripod :(

post-19015-133877656357_thumb.jpeg

Archived