White Light Full Disk 01/09/2011

fatwoul

Not really tried the Baader Solar Film properly until now, but Dad and I are getting more interested in solar imaging:

110901aSML.jpg

We've been trying to get hold of a 0.5A PST (hoping the 0.5 is a better choice if you know you want to image from the outset), but Green Witch are currently out of stock. Anybody know of anywhere else that might have any?

That's a nice full disk image.:) Can't help you with the 0.5A PST. Did they say when they would have some? I had considered double stacking my PST, but £700 is a lot for a filter. The 0.5 will give more surface detail but a dimmer image, and I think I'm right in saying that the prominences are seen better with the standard PST. The "out of stock" thing is a common problem; right now I'm waiting for a Lunt Ca-K diagonal from the US which will be at least a couple of months apparently....

Archived