Hello Everyone

Hi from montreal !

im glad i found you guys and i find this site very informative !

my question is .. im just starting in astrophotography ..

i just purchased a skywatcher 127 with a basic EQ3-2 mount ..

i already had a Canon t3i with a t ring ..

i want to take long exposure shots and i would need a motor drive for my mount ..

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated !!

thanks

Francois

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Im not exactly sure what your question is. The motors that you will need are here

First Light Optics - Dual-Axis D.C. Motor Drive for EQ3-2

these motors will drive both RA axis and the dec axis. You will only really need to drive the RA axis for tracking and you can buy just the RA motor kit but having both motors is only £10 or so more expensive. Keep in mind you will need to align your mount to the pole star. You may find that the EQ3-2 will not be stable enough for very long exposures. Normally the minimum reccomended is a HEQ5 mount but dont let this put you off. You may find that at some point in the future you will want to upgrade your mount.

You will need to find a Canadian supplier obviously. Not sure how the prices compare over there

Archived