SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

An Old Tech Question

Imp_Perfect

I have a Meade 4501 that is useful for just chucking in the car and toddling off to the car park. I have an old 35mm SLR camera and a telescope adaptor. :) But I have a problem.

No matter what I do to stabilise the scope, the weight of the camera tends to pull it offline and getting a shot of whatever I am looking at is very difficult. I also have a spot (read 'a lot') of trouble focusing with the camera attached. :) Any advice would be appreciated.

Also getting 'wet' film suitable for a sky shot is getting difficult these days. I would be happy to get a digital camera, but I would also need another adaptor to fit the 'scope. Suggestions for this would be welcome.:)

Oh and someone in work asked me how long I had been interested in Astrology. :) I have run out of 2 x 4. Could someone lend me a baseball bat? :(

:):D:D

Archived