Meade LX90 or Nexstar 8SE?

Hi guys looking to buy one or the other (another contender is the skywatcher skyliner 250px flextube with synscan) but can decide which one to get! Is one considered to be more of an all round performer? I would like to have a good contrast whilst looking at solar system objects but would also like to be able to view DSO's with at least a small amount of detail. I'm not massively bothered about moon viewing though. Thanks for the help!

The Skyliner 250 would probably be the best allrounder particularly on DSO's but is a pretty hefty piece of kit. The 8se is a great scope and the lightest of the three, the mount can also take other quick fit scopes of suitable size . You may well change your mind about the Moon once you get either of these! :).

The Skyliner 250 would probably be the best allrounder particularly on DSO's but is a pretty hefty piece of kit. The 8se is a great scope and the lightest of the three, the mount can also take other quick fit scopes of suitable size . You may well change your mind about the Moon once you get either of these! :).

Thanks I thought that was the case. I think there is enough room in my car to take it to exmoor but 250px is about as big as I think I should go. I also wanted to be able to take a few stills which I think the skyliner wouldnt be ideal for but at the same time I know the others wont be a great deal better! any suggestions of a scope that might be more suited (without a hideous price tag) for astrophotography or am I just dreaming? Thanks again!

(p.s I have been looking at some mosaic pics of the moon today and I think you could be right!)

Archived