bright green ???

hi folks , last night i was out in the garden from about 9`30 till about 11 pm , i was using my meade sn10 manualy (cause my mount has a burnt out motor ) so no goto! ... i spotted a birght green star, its position around this time it was due east and quite low down, i checked stellarium ,and uranus and pluto are in this area ,but the object sparkled like a star ,whereas planets kind of shine ,i think !! ,any ideas what it could have been ? cheers from paul

With the distance and size of Neptune and Pluto I would suspct that it was one of them.

Either will seem to be very small and could easily look more point like then disk like.

Twinkling is an atmospheric condition and being low there probably was air currents that would cause eith to "twinkle".

Most of the planets we see will display a disk,even if small, whereas those outside Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, are small enough and so far out that they could easily exhibit some star like characteristics (twinkle).

Suppose an alternative is that other wavelengths of a star are scatered out while coming through the atmosphere, and you saw the green that was left, just spectrally that doesn't work.

Archived