NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The clouds parted for a few seconds and oops this happened!

matt_man21

Hey People,

This is my first proper Crack at Prime focus Imaging... Low and behold it was the moon! I recently saved up some pennies for a top secret auto guider project for a LX10 :rolleyes: With some simple electronics and routing the translated autoguider commands through the hand controller input (Nasty but more on that later!)

So whilst waiting for the various components to arrive i decided to attach my new cheap and cheerful QHY5 autoguider to my to see how it performed with imaging... I Wasn't expecting too much so i Used my 4" F5 refractor for maximum Field of view and went for a nice bright large object... WOW! was really taken a back, Even with it's short focal length things snapped in to focus and was granted a rather pleasing view of the moon! I took about 300 frames (of which 50 were usable!) to try and even out the seeing as it's appaling tonight, Stacked them together in AVIstack a quick level adjustment in photoshop until the image pleased me...:)post-22175-133877651484_thumb.jpg

Archived