What did we see?

Took the SW200 out to try and get the hang of star alignment on Sunday evening. Everything eventually went well, Arcturus and Vega were both aligned so our adventure began!!

We'd both wanted to check out the Andromeda galaxy so we entered the object on the goto handset and off it went. Now, I may be wrong but I though the eyepiece (15mm plossi) would be filled but all I could find was a small "smudge". Thinking id made an error I tried again but no, this was it.

Now in waiting for another clear night to have another bash. This hobby is very addictive lol!!

On the plus side from Sunday, we did get some wonderful views of Jupiter, compared to our Celestron 127, the view from the 200 was wow!!!

Well it defiantly wasn't Andromeda then, I'll look on Stellarium for clues....

I wasn't saying that it wasn't Andromeda, but that it was probably just the core of it. The fainter outer arms would probably be lost with the relatively high magnification of the eyepiece.

Archived