polar align eq5

Just an update i got back from the south coast where everything went perfect and i saw more things in one night then i have for a year off having the scope.

I got the mount set up and when it was dark i could see polaris clear in the mount scope so i went ahead and did the 2 star align which went perfect. When done i sent the scope off to find andromeda and what a site. I was blown away and had to get everyone one the house to see. Next i found m57 and was once again blown away. I could see it clearly in a 25ep and went a bit closer with a 12.5 and was amazed at how clear it was. Next i had a look at m81 and was once again blown away that that i could see it clearly and i could also see m82 in the same ep. I had a look and a few other things but the names have gone but i am over the moon right now. I have to say to all the beginners out there with goto and havent got a clue how to set it up like i was just keep trying as its well worth it in the end. Selsey is a great place to go as the skys are so black you can see the cload of the micky way with the naked eye so try get down there if you live in london like me.

Patrick moores garden party was a bit of a let down as it was just a few people selling stuff in his garden and he was no where to be seen. Was interesting seeing his telescope tho.

Anyway thanks for the help in this thread and the videos from astronomy shed as if i didnt come here i would still would not of seen anything.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived