Help!! HEQ6PRO Common faults to look out for???

Hi All

I am considering buying a HEQ6 PRO. What are the common and not so common faults to look out for? Specifically is it common for the handset plug securing screws to no longer tighten into the mount ?? and what handset versions are updateable ?

Any advice would be welcomed to save me from buying a lemon.

Thanks

I would say no mate, not common, stripped threads is from over tightening. I would ask why was the plug taken off? and with the stripping it might have been off a few times? So is there a problem some where else? Maybe intermittent so it could work ok for a night, an hour, or a few mins without nothing going wrong.

I have bought a few lemons myself and have learned to be doubly cautious but some times the price just lures me in :)

I would have to agree with Squid. I could understand someone having problems with an EQ5/HEQ5 handset where it uses an RJ11 connection where the clip could snap, but on the EQ6 the handset us attached by a DB9 type connector and there should be no damage to this unless it's been knocked whilst connected, or overtightened. This could turn out to be a quick fix by simply replacing the small threaded spacers the screws attach to, or it could be a lemon with damage to the wiring.

I also agree. Recent communications just don't add up so the search continues. So I take it the EQ6 are bomb proof and other than questionable wiring there is nothing else to look out for when buying second hand??? That is other than thing falling off it or sounding like an old diesel van.

Archived