oooo my goto sort of decided to work tonight!!

garethmob

well my goto seemed to want to behave i pointed the scope in a n direction (according to my iphone) sadly where the plough/polaris was it was thin moving cloud so i didnt bother to polarallign

set it to 1 star allignment, capella it was off but enough not to be in a 32mm eyepeice i was thinking here we go again

undid clutchs and moved it to it, next i went to jupitor but it was just about to go behind a pylon saw 2 bands and 3 moons and what i could only describe as a saturn ring like thing (i put it down to thin cloud and the moon

then went to moon, cracking started counting off the luna sites, then more clouds (at least they were moving quickly) so i went to vega 1 star alignment, it found it in the 32 eyepeice but near top right so ajusted it, then the ring nebular, just make out a washed out smudge with a star in centre, then m92 just make out some more , m56, and m72. i then attempted m52 but it had just gone behind the house chimney :D

i then went back to the moon, took a nice video (gonna registax/maximdl it tomorrow) and moved to jupitor again the "ring" gone i went in as far as i could go (32 - 20 - 10 - 6) and could make everythin out bar the grs (i can only assume it moved :( ) lastly i went to my fav m45 which was hiding right in the light of a dreaded orange street lamp, but stuck my baader neo filter and it blocked it out nicely and i saw all the stars not as pretty as my binos are but still really nice

decided to pack in then as the longer im out the louder i'll be opening the squeeky patio door and i wont wanna wake the house up!!!

thanks for listening!:)

gaz

Archived