NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

C11 edge and Optec 0.62 FR

Hello Jon......Interesting timing!!

I tried my AP CCD67 reducer for the first time last night with my Edge 11, and coma was rotten.

I then spent a while online and found that the best results were to be had by getting it as close to the flattening lens as possible, just as they are doing in the link you posted.

Of course, this means that you have to use the coarse focus knob, instead of something like a moonlite crayford, which I have.

It also means that you can't use automated focusing, as you need the mirror locks to be loose for this, and will therefore run into mirror flop issues.

It's a great scope, but I must admit to getting a bit fedup with this lack of a reducer that allows you to use the full potential of what is available to us these days!

Rob.

Looks very interesting Jon....problem is....more expense, and a diffraction spike to one side of any bright star caused by the cable.

I'd have bought an RC if I was prepared to live with diff spikes!!

On the other hand, it's not hard to achieve focus with the coarse focus knob and a bahtinov mask.

Cheers

Rob

• 6 months later...

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the dealer suggestion and the advice about the camera adapter. I have a Celestron OAG and an Atik 16hrc, so would need an adapter to SCT thread and possibly a second to T thread if I want to use the camera without the OAG.

I understand the distance without the reducer is 146mm and that reduces to 105mm with the reducer, I would imagine with a series of adapters/spacer rings it will be possible to accommodate both?

I will try and work out what I need and then get a price from Opt. Pity there isn't a UK dealer, FLO are listed but they don't seem to stock these parts and TS list them but when you factor in shipping it makes these items expensive. I have bought stuff from the US before for other obbies and found that they arrive very quickly so provided they will ship to the UK I have no problem.

Archived