NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

in a summer rut...

Ags

It's been ages since I had a good session. The last really satisfying DSO session was sometime in Spring, Saturn was a bit frustrating with it's same-ishness from night to night, from my garden I only get to see the first half of the moon's phases. Humph.

I did not notice any difficulty last year in getting enough viewing in the summer months, but this year I seem to be faced with endless cloud and on clearish nights haze amps up the city light pollution.

I'm looking forward to the scope upgrade that is coming up next month (assuming the financial system does not collapse in the interim!), and what a time to get a planetary scope - with Jupiter high and Mars creeping higher into the sky.

Sounds like you have a plan, and something to look forward to. This year has been enough to get anybody down in the dumps so far. Keep your spirits up, and I'm sure you'll get some good sessions by the end of the year. ;)

Archived