Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Minimum object distance for prime focus?

Is there a minimum distance for prime focus imaging?

I have set up my scope in the garden for an evening session, collimated the scope using my cheshire (Looks nicely collimated now), checked the focus on a TV aerial a few houses away, and using a 40mm plossl i get really sharp focus.

However, when I add the SPC900NC i just get a white screen. Even when focuser is moved in and out I dont get an image.

Is my test object too close?

Cheers

Mike

However, when I add the SPC900NC i just get a white screen. Even when focuser is moved in and out I dont get an image.

Is my test object too close?

It's possibubble. Does the screen go dark when you put your hand over the objective?

Is there a distant streetlight you could try "hitting" while waiting for stars to come out or clouds to clear.

It's possibubble. Does the screen go dark when you put your hand over the objective?

Sure does. I have an end cap on the tube at the moment and the 900 is dark.

Is there a distant streetlight you could try "hitting" while waiting for stars to come out or clouds to clear.

no, but the moon is out! will try that! ;)

Ok, think i sussed it out.

1.Bl**dy laptop blue screened! gggrrr

2.Rebooted and camera has been set to Gamma 100 and Brightness 100. Reset cam to defaults and get a normal screen now.

Still not seeing the moon though! - Could be that the camera is carked! Its not been used since 2007, but I cant see how as I am getting data from it.

Will wait until it gets a bit darker me thinks.

Archived