NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

celestron 20 x 80 skymasters and tripods

:hello2: hello everyone , need help ive bought the celestron skymaster 20 x 80 bino and didnt realise until they arrived how big they are .there the sort Mr Magoo :rolleyes: would probaly use i knew they were gonna be big but not that big ,bort them becoz i had a budget and they had the biggest light gain and bang for bucks i could afford however as a newbie maybe i should have gone with the 15 x70 as there more manageable in terms of weight, to late now, and after seeing how much tripods are i nearly fainted conclusion is there anyway you can buy a cheap tripod and diy to beef up so that i can put my Mr Magoo celestron 20 x 80 skymasters on many thanks for any help. silly me overloooked the price of tripods ;)

LOL they are shockingly big aren't they ;) To be fair the 15x70's soon start to weight heavy if you are looking at the heavens. Blood draining from your arms as you attempt to hold steady a KG in weight at 60 degrees soon has you wishing for a tripod. You will need a really good heavy duty tripod for the 20x80's and one that extends to a reasonable viewing hight. Best I can recommend is to put a post in the wanted ads but even then I doubt it would be cheap.

SPACEBOY

Hi Mr B fett, bit of a punt here, but I'm selling my camlink heavy duty tripod which is "as new" see link. I used it for my 20x80's but it was out the bag about half a dozen times, now gathering dust.

Camlink - Batteries : Chargers : Cases : Tripods

I paid £120 for it - £45 + postage if you are interested. btw this tripod extends to a heck of a height, around 8ft.

David

Archived