Decision Made!

Thanks for all the help people have given (both directly and indirectly from reading other posts), I've finally got my first scope ordered :).

Size/portability was a really important factor and prevented me from taking the usual 6" or 8" newtonian, so I was looking at small frac's and mak's mostly.

Narrowed it down to the Celestron 4SE, Skymax 127 Supatrak and Explorer 130p. After seeing them in the flesh the Explorer was knocked out for it's length, and aperture won the day from the two remaining.

New Skymax 127 Supatrak will be delivered in about a week, although I may have to wait until my birthday before I'm allowed to play with it!

I'll be especially interested since I have made the same decision. Took a lot of surfing and reading to get to this point.

Me too, I finally decided that I was spending far too much time reading about scopes and should just get one :).

Archived