NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light on the North American Nebula

phatlad

right well i bite the bullet last week and ordered myself a SBIG ST-8300 from ian king (got to say Fantastic service and advice from Ian). so last night i went out to see a few mates and show them what i had being spending my money on. and low and behold it cleared, so i plonked my scope down and set it off doing 600 seconds shots on the North American Nebula, first few shots i had problems with gilding, then i got this shot. and just after that my laptop battery died so i haven't got any darks yet hope to get them tonight, i'm still only just learning and really starting out with imaging,but for a single shot i'm pretty pleased.

phatlad-albums-deep-sky-picture12527-st-8300-first-light-north-american.jpg

Looks like its all there and when many are stacked it will be way smoother with gas structure, with Ha filter this will fly so worth thinking about. I think this will end up great.

John

Archived