Dose anyone know if the new Evostar is collimatable?

Well I can now confirm you are correct Keano. No they are not collimatable.

SKY-WATCHER

"The objective lens is no longer adjustable. This is intentional as they

are now using a better method of fitting the cell so it will not need to

be adjusted."

It would be interesting to know how many new EVO's are out there with less than desirable collimation. I certainly wouldn't want the risk buying one second hand despite what SW claim. Shame that Black and white model dose look a lot better than the nasty blue tube. Looks like I will soon be joining the carbon fiber crew :BangHead:

Im no expert at what im looking at spaceboy but my evo looks sharp as a tack, id imagine there are some less than perfect examples about but I wouldnt let that put you off what is imho a very good scope.Especially the prices they go for second hand.

I'm sure the new design evo is as they say and hold there collimation well, but everyone have their mishaps and having no way of collimating them with out expert knowledge I would rather steer clear of second hand black diamond evo's in favor of the OMNI XLT which are still collimateable. I just feel the ability to tweak a scopes collimation is a nice asset where I'm sure others would much rather not mess. I have an older blue tube evostar myself but was on the look out for one for my son. The idea was if I could pick up a newer bling model my son could have mine.

Archived