meade ds2000 headeaches and cables

hi all just got a cable plug everything in and the laptop will not see the ds2000 mount in device manager look at pic one bave starry nights pro 6 i brought and all sorts if any one could ring me i will ring you back as a essay on how to do this will just blow my brains even more,soon as i plug the cable into the pc its asking me for the drivers for the new devices now either have done some thing wrong or the guy as sent me the wrong cable i will attach a pic of the cable #505 usb the telescope is a meade ds2090 the goto is a ds2000 i hve trid to set this up with a couple of programes but am not sure how to get the laptop to reconize the thing may i also this is not the officalmeade one its of e bay but a did speak with the guy and he was a astro guy him self and a sent hom paper work with all my scope details

any one care to call me a will ring you back no probs

pat

Meade Instruments Corporation - Operating Instructions #505 Connector Cable Set

TBH it looks like a box standard RS232, you will need the drivers for the USB to RS232 adaptor (see below), install the drivers with the USB to RS232 adaptor disconnect then plug it in and go though the usual window setup.

http://www.meade.com/support/downloads.html

TBH it looks like a box standard RS232, you will need the drivers for the USB to RS232 adaptor (see below), install the drivers with the USB to RS232 adaptor disconnect then plug it in and go though the usual window setup.

Meade Instruments Corp. - Software Downloads

i only got the cable which do i download?

Meade Instruments Corp. - Software Downloads

tried the drivers still does not work the cable may be faulty still says

usb serial port found

then the found new hard ware box comes up go to were the driver is ie my desk tops loads up and then restarts laptop plug cabl in and same happens again the blue light on the blue bit flashs and then it goes to the you hardware may not work blah blah i feel the cable getting the dustbin soon

I take it you have resolved the driver issue on you PC/laptop ?, dont mean to state the obvious but are you connect to the correct comm's port :BangHead:, however i suspect your probably right, try an RS232 to USB the drivers from the Meade web site should do.

I just use a standard RS232 adaptor myself with them same driver's, ok mine plug into an Auto Star 497, but the principle remains the same. Do you have another PC/laptop to try it in, process of elimination.

I take it you have resolved the driver issue on you PC/laptop ?, dont mean to state the obvious but are you connect to the correct comm's port :BangHead:, however i suspect your probably right, try an RS232 to USB the drivers from the Meade web site should do.

I just use a standard RS232 adaptor myself with them same driver's, ok mine plug into an Auto Star 497, but the principle remains the same. Do you have another PC/laptop to try it in, process of elimination.

have got the serial port to take it now it shows up as comm port two but when a plug the thing into the ds2000 its just not be in picked up the cabble may have a fault just had another hour after tea and it still will not have it tell me this i do the alignment then plug the thing in to the 497 bring the sofware up set the ports nothing happens just does not want to go and a can not find any thing any were to help me out so frustrating i have tried starry nights 6 pro paid one ,the free trail one that the guy must have coppied and stellarium,and meades auto suite still no joymust be getting some thing wrong some were but i think the cable is faulty a may do a little video so people can see my problem

pat

hi all gave up with the usb part and went on the tower plugged staright in to com port with out the usb worked staright away on all software stellarium starry nights pro g the meade software tried it with the usb cable no joy so its the usb toserial ports that broke as when a put that in line and in the mix stopped worked i now no to buy proper parts and not some two bit flea bay rubbish

but was good to see you all helped thanks

pat

Archived