Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

telescope buying advice needed please

hi guys,up until recently i had a 200p dob but due to needing urgent funds i reluctanty had to sell, i was never really a nudging type of person anyway, so this leads me to the following question, i have narrowed a choice of 2 scopes down, skymax 127 or a 130p, looking for tracking on this ,am a bit concerned about reports saying the 130 hits the mount at above 80 degrees, also, i want to study the planets in more detail so does this mean the 127 is the clear winner? has anyone tried the antares 0.5 focal reducer in a mak as this would be for purely visual use to widen the field. For the same price as a supertrak 127 i could get a full goto 130p, this decision is really giving me a headache. i just don`t want to get a 130p, look at saturn and regret not getting the mak, if the view was very close between the 2 i would get the 130 for the wide field views, hiany advice would be more than welcome.

Archived