SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron C6 RGT Availabaility

Hi Folks,

Just asking if there are any among us that are waiting on a delivery or just taken delivery recently of the 'yard cannon' C6 RGT? I understand that there currently shortages here in the UK and the suppliers are waiting on stock, I'm buying from RVO.

I was under the impression that the C6R was discontinued a while back, IIRC Celestron in the U.S. was having an end of line sale some time ago.

FWIW, the Skywatcher Evostar 150 is the same scope with a different paint job.

Tony..

I was under the impression that the C6R was discontinued a while back, IIRC Celestron in the U.S. was having an end of line sale some time ago.

FWIW, the Skywatcher Evostar 150 is the same scope with a different paint job.

Tony..

Thanks Tony, but I think you may be getting confused with the C6R which is the same optical tube assembly but on the GoTo version of the CG-5 Mount.

Sorry, you've lost me. What scope are we talking about then if it's not the C6R?

Tony..

This telescope has been discontinued. Celestron's replacement is the Celestron C6-RGT Advanced Series telescope, which is the same optical tube assembly on the GoTo version of the CG-5 Mount.

Celestron - C6R - 6" f/8 Refractor on CG-5 Mount - Discontinued - Model Number: 21019

That's the same scope and mount. The only difference between the two is that the one mount has GOTO, the other doesn't. Maybe it might be beneficial to have a word with Celestron UK to see if they have any stock?

Tony..

Archived