The Death Trap That Is Wiring!!! Few bits to work out still.

After steping on the data cable for my DSLR whilst it was still connected to my camera (damaging the cable port ;)) i decided to do something with all the wires on my rig.

Much Velcroing later i have attached everything to the tripod leaving just the mains cable (10m), hand set (10m) & dew control unit (velcro'd on the back of the mount), the idea is when i am ready to move outside these quickly disconect and all comes apart leaving all the cabling in place.

All good so far, i have even attached a 10M USB extenstion cable to the far left leg and aquired a load of 10cm extentions cables to use as break away cables should anything be pulled on again.

The idea is to get all the cabling off the mount and scope and as far from the rig as i can, the 12v main (cig), 12v dew control (cig) & USB will extend to at least 8m from the rig so they are completly out of the way.

what i need now is a 12v to mains adaptor such as this but with higher amp capacity (5amp)

eXpress Net Universal AC to DC Car Cigarette Lighter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

the plan is to keep the adaptors handy so if im not using my power tank i can wack these on and away i go. All the electrics are going into a mains enclosure box so nice and safe but i need an adaptor that isnt so big that it wont fit into my mains box.

Anyone have or use one of these that would work?

:)

post-22348-133877630036_thumb.jpg

Yup, seems logical. Alas, if you are hosting regular changes of camera, guidescope etc etc the spaghetti becomes an unfotunate fact of life and needs to be undone and redone faster than you can say OUCH I'VE DROPPED MY SBIG ST11...

Olly

PS I haven't actually got an ST11...

Archived