NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help ID'ing Satellite over Canadian Maritimes

cap603

Perhaps someone has access to better information than I. I'm currently on Prince Edward Island, Canada, in the Atlantic time zone. Last night, July 2nd, at about 10:30 PM a satellite passed over to the east. It was north bound on what had to be a polar orbit.

Any ideas on which bird it might have been?

On another note, the skies here are air pollution free and almost free of light pollution. The skies have been clear and moonless the last two nights and promise to be the same tonight. It is absolutely amazing what one can see with 10 x 50 binocs under these conditions. As a novice, I was impressed that I was able to identify M4, M39, M32 (but not M110), Lagoon nebula, Trifid nebula, Omega nebula, Eagle nebula, M23, M25, M7, M18 and the double cluster below Cassiopeia. You can make out every spot of light and cloud in the milky way. Truly stunning.

Many thanks

Archived