Where is the Camera Adaptor?

Hi all,

I got this telescope a couple of weeks ago:

Kay Optical - Telescopes and Binoculars Sales, Servicing and Repairs

I am pretty pleased with it so far and have spent my time learning how to polar align and use the setting circles etc.

Last weekend, I borrowed my dad's Cannon 350 DSLR with the intention of taking some pics of the moon through it, but I can't seem to find the part which will allow me to attach it to the telescope. In the telescope info in that link, it says "x2 Barlow lens 1.25" (with camera adaptor)" which, I figured would allow me to attach a DSLR to it. I was expecting some form of t-adaptor as I read up about doing astrophotography a bit before I got the scope and I'm pretty sure that's what I need. I don't mind buying one as they're fairly cheap, but if I already have something which will do the job, then I don't want to buy anything else!

Also, I have 2 (10/25mm) 1.25" eyepieces - obviously the currently attached camera lens is much wider than 1.25", so does that mean I will have to get 2" eyepieces to be able to get any magnification on my photos? Or can I indeed use my 1.25" lenses? I have read about "prime focus" astrophotography, which as I understand it means simply attaching the camera to the scope with no lens, which as a starter will be fine whilst I learn my way about the kit, but in the long run I would obviously like to try and capture some DSO's which I reckon must require some magnification.

Please could someone advise me on this as I have read up a decent amount, but its a pretty complex area for a beginner to fully comprehend!

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike. I think the 150 has a thread on the focuser to attach the camera/T ring to?

I can recommend a useful book - Making every photon count as a good starting point for astrophotography.

Welcome to the forum Mike. I think the 150 has a thread on the focuser to attach the camera/T ring to?

I can recommend a useful book - Making every photon count as a good starting point for astrophotography.

If it's the right focuser, the 1.25 receptacle unscrews revealing another t-thread

Hi, Thanks for the quick responses guys! Had the feeling i would need something else!

So using the Barlow/camera would give me just 2x magnification then?

I will take a look at that book too - thanks for the suggestion

Mike

No, it will give you 2x whatever the camera at prime focus gives you (which I think is about 25-30X at prime with your set up.)

Assuming my maths is on :hello2:

Archived