NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Suggestions of good widefield targets for tonight?

Hi all

Looks like tonight will be a crystal clear night (damn it's hot out!!!)...

So... I'm gonna be down doing a spot of imaging.

Gonna aim to use the old f2.8 Canon 200mm lens again, try and get it properly in focus this time :-)

Having done IC1396 (twice) and NGC7000... are there any other good bright areas of nebulosity which would suit a 200mm fl that would be up by about 11:00pm?

I am not guiding so even at 200mm and f2.8 - f4 I'm limited to 2min or so exposures... so need something fairly bright.

Anyone got any suggestions seeing as the whole swathe of the milky way is up at the moment along with all the sexy nebulous bits it contains :-)

Thoughts?

Ben

Still in Cygnus.. Head for Sadr... with a 200mm FL and APS-C sized sensor if you put Sadr bang inthe center of the FOV with the long axis of the camera aligned to DEC axis you will also have the Crescent Nebula in the FOV

This might give you a few ideas...

Cygnus%20Mosaic%2020%20panes%20Microsoft%20ICE%20Stitch%20Small.jpg

Or the Veil Complex.. would all fit in nicely with space to spare... center the FOV on RA 20h50m37s Dec 31d04m30s again camaera aligned to DEC axis

Archived