NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

pentax xf 12mm eyepieces

hello everyone

just a short post. i acquired a pair of pentax xf 12 mm's at astrofest, and had researched these on the net in particular a very detailed review on cloudynights.com. i use a denk II with powerswitch on my c8 xlt.

i finally got to try them out last sat night. viewing saturn at x184, the view was simply stunning.

the contrast was extremely good, with cassini standing out very sharp. the equatorial band and polar hood was clearly defined and the crepe was there in moments of good seeing. what i was impressed with was the lack of glare/light scatter around the image. as soon as i get chance to try them again i will report. i also used a pair of 9mm antares orthos. whilst unfair to compare directly, the xf's offered at least comparable image quality with a very comfortable 60 degree field with superior lack of glare.

regards

mike

Archived