NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion Magnificent Mini Autoguider

Well I ordered the mini autoguider, but when I went to pick it up, my guy at the astro shop told me it was too small to be of any use on my C800. (Apparently, the focal length of the C800 is too long).

It looks like I was wrong... Again.

I bought a 80mm frac as guidescope instead (I already had the rings).

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just taken the rings off my ST80 - no room on my current setup - and have had no problems with a ridgid fixing, there is a guide star in every panel of the Veil I'm on at the moment. To be honest I never moved it when it was in rings, apart from the inital alignment - 18 months ago!

I might go ahead and take the rings off mine as well. I'm using the QHY6 for a guide camera and haven't had to adjust the scope either - the ST-80 is working very well. Having said that the rings don't weigh anything and space isn't an issue on my current rig - but every little helps with an EQ-5! :)

David

For those that are using this package how have you got on with it? Any tips or things to look out for?

Im looking at this package as a possibility for guiding my 150p (750mm focal length)

• 1 month later...

Archived