Tal 100RS or Skywatcher 100ED?

Hi everyone, This is my first post and hoping you more knowledgeable folk can help me out. Basically i cannot make my mind up on which of the above scopes to buy. They both get excellent reviews. I have the budget for the more expensive Skywatcher but is it worth it? I realise i will have to wait a couple of months for a Tal but is it worth the wait? Please help:confused:

ED100 everytime. The TAL is a fantastic scope but at the end of the day, it's an achromat. The ED100 is an apochromat and as such it's a better scope optically with better views. If you've got the money for the ED, buy it.

Welcome to SGL :).

Tony..

I would go for the ED too.

I have the Celestron 100ED which optically is exactly the same as the Skywatcher for a lot less money. It is a really good scope giving very sharp planetary views up to x225 - well recommended - and they do sell second user for around £250.

Archived