Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Merlin magic for Skywatcher Dob GOTO and tracking Coronado PST

I indulged myself a couple of weeks ago by getting a Merlin TableTop GOTO (az) mount from FLO to swap its SynScan AZ hand control onto my Skywatcher 250P FlexTube Auto. I haven't been able to try it outside yet, but several hours of testing the GOTO and tracking indoors have been very encouraging. That left me with the tabletop mount with the dob's former tracking hand control, but when I saw recent solar activity videos I decided to upgrade from white light solar observing to Ha, and got back to FLO to indulge further in a Coronado PST. That sat on the Merlin mount very nicely (the useful Astrozap PST caddy won't quite fit on it though, you need a normal tripod for that)and I spent a happy couple of hours in the garden yesterday observing the sun. Very pleased with both purchases.

Sorry about the thread title; irresistable after watching Arthur's Camelot laid very bare on Saturday tv! :)

Allan

Archived